Live Gamer Announces VCON 2010: How Games-as-a-Service and Virtual Items Have Changed the Playbook Forever Full Day Event at GDC 2010
Live Gamer, the premiere total commerce solution for online games, social networks and virtual worlds, is producing VCON, a full-day event within the Game Developer Conference (GDC), to be held March 10 at Moscone Center in San Francisco. Live Gamer’s VCON will explore how games-as-a-service and virtual items have changed the gaming and entertainment playbook forever.
Led by the game industry's most sought-after CEO's, founders, visionaries, and executives, Live Gamer’s VCON will discuss the industry's undisputed transition to the emerging service-based business model, as well as its ramifications on development, product management, operations and strategy. Speakers will push the envelope while offering insight to the vast changes within the industry.
Live Gamer has brought together an outstanding line up of visionaries in the gaming world to discuss the industry's changing business as well as strategize for the future. Some of these key players are:
- -- Keynote: David Perry, CEO & Founder, Gaikai.com
- -- Keynote: Nanea Reeves, SVP & COO, EA Global Online
- -- Keynote: John Smedley, President, Sony Online Entertainment
- -- Howard Marks, CEO, Acclaim
- -- Patrick Chun, SK Telecom, Cyworld
- -- David Cole, President, DFC Intelligence
- -- Kai Huang, Founder, Guitar Hero
- -- Vili Lehdonvirta, Researcher, Helsinki Institute for Information Technology
- -- M. Lee Clancy Jr., SVP Product Management and GM of Direct Revenue, IMVU
- -- Mitch Davis, CEO & Co-Founder, Live Gamer
- -- Andrew Schneider, President & Co-Founder, Live Gamer
- -- Bill Grosso, CTO & SVP of Product, Live Gamer
- -- Susan Wu, CEO, Ohai
- -- Dennis Fong, CEO, Raptr
- -- Brandon Beck, CEO, Riot Games
- -- Atul Bagga, Vice President Equity Research, ThinkEquity
- -- Daniel James, CEO, Three Rings
Topics and Agenda
- -- Nanu Nanu!: How to bring social functionality into traditional game design...and actually make it work
- -- The Virtual Fed: Unleash Your Inner Bernanke with (Little-Known) Virtual & Currency Strategies
- -- What Safeway Can Teach Us: Applying Retail Strategies to Item Merchandizing
- -- Dev-onomics: Economics 101 for Game Designers
- -- Taxation & Virtualization: What To Expect for Taxation of Virtual Goods
- -- You're Not Looking for Nunchuck Skills?: How to Build an Olympic Gold Team in Today's Gaming World
- -- "Its not Fair!" said the T-Rex: How Monetizing Games-as-a-Service will Save you from Extinction
- -- Coming to a Theater Near You: How Micro-Transactions Will Change the Entertainment Landscape
"Last year saw a huge turn in the industry towards virtual goods for monetization as developers rushed to integrate virtual economies and services into their strategies," said Andrew Schneider, president & co-founder, Live Gamer. "Now, the focus has turned to how we optimize virtual economies for the best possible return. This event will bring together the most forward-thinking visionaries in the industry to shed light on current & future strategies for managing virtual economies, merchandising, development and other ways that micro-transactions can generate significant revenue for gaming and entertainment companies."
The event will be held in Mezzanine Room 270/272 from 10:00 am to 5:15 pm. To register to please go to: https://secure.gdconf.com/2010/index/registrations/profile. For more information on Live Gamer’s VCON 2010 please visit www.livegamer.com/gdc/index.html or follow us on Twitter (@livegamer) or Facebook
About Live Gamer
Live Gamer is the global leader of total commerce solutions for micro-transaction-based businesses. Spanning online games, virtual worlds, and social networks, Live Gamer provides an advanced offering that goes beyond monetization to drive core business metrics and optimize new transaction-based revenue streams. Combining its micro-transaction platform, primary and secondary market management, fraud and security solutions, scalable publisher support and international payment gateways, Live Gamer's technology has been adopted by leading publishers in gaming, social and entertainment including Acclaim, Funcom, NHN USA, Quepasa, MEG Toys and Sony Online Entertainment, supporting over 65 million users in 23 countries.
Founded in 2007, the company is backed by $28 million in venture funding from Charles River Ventures, FirstMark Capital, Kodiak Venture Partners, Rustic Canyon Partners, Triple Point Capital and Venrock. Live Gamer is headquartered in New York with offices in Los Angeles and Palo Alto, CA and Seoul, Korea. For more information, visit www.livegamer.com : or connect with us on Twitter (@livegamer), Facebook or MySpace.
Live Gamer Powers New Territories for Facebook Credits. - Learn more
Live Gamer to Power Monetization for 2K'S Sid Meier's Civilization World for Facebook. - Learn more
EA selects Live Gamer to drive its global microtransactions-based projects and accelerate online gaming strategy - Learn more